[Assistant-faculty] Reminder of today's events (Friday February 11. 2011

Good afternoon:

Friday, February 11, 2011 Events:

12:15 pm
Friday, February 11, 2011
Physics and Astronomy
Graduate & Undergraduate Students Lunchtime Meeting
Robinson Hall, Room 251 (Knipp Library)
Luncheon and discussion with
Dr. Binquan Luan
IBM, Thomas J. Watson Research Center
Pizza and soda served
Students are encouraged to attend

1:00 pm
Friday, February 11, 2011
ASTRO-COFFEE DISCUSSION
Professor Anna Sajia
I'll talk about the infrared SEDs of galaxies and in particular the various techniques we use to distinguish the contribution of AGN and star-formation to a galaxy's infrared power output. Specifically, I'll use a paper from today's astro-ph to discuss these issues. The paper is: arXiv:1102.1425 Defining the intrinsic AGN infrared spectral energy distribution and measuring its contribution to the infrared output of composite galaxies
Coffee will be served

3:00 pm
Friday, February 11, 2011
Tufts University
Special Physics and Astronomy Colloquium
Robinson Hall, Room 253
“Base-By-Base Ratcheting of Single-Stranded DNA through a Solid-State Nanopore: Toward Low-cost and High-throughput Sequencing of the Human Genome”
Binquan Luan
IBM, Thomas J. Watson Research Center, NY
Refreshments served in Robinson 251 at 2:30 pm