Re: [Assistant-faculty] Urgent reminder...CMP Candidate Dr. Binquan Luan's visit Thursday, 2/10 & Friday, 2/11

Friends,

PLEASE be more forthcoming about signing up to meet individually with the faculty candidates.

It is taking far too much effort by the search committee chairs and office staff to fill out these schedules.

We're all very busy and with so many candidates in such a short time, the demands are overwhelming. Nevertheless is it essential that we make the effort. First, we are selecting people who will represent the future of the department for many years to come. Second, they are also judging US, and if we can't even fill a schedule with people to talk to, it doesn't make our department look good. Whether a candidate winds up here or not, we want him or her to leave with an impression of our department as vibrant, collegial and intellectually exciting.

Being on one search committee does not exempt you from the expectation that you will also meet with at least some of the candidates for the other position.

If you are one of the people who are already regularly signing up for meetings, thank you and please consider yourself exempt from this rant.

It's only a few more weeks.  Please help!

Roger