[Assistant-faculty] Departmental Faculty Meetings, Spring 2011

Dear Friends,

There will be a great deal of departmental business to transact during the coming semester.  In addition to the usual things (awards and honors, review of graduate student progress, faculty position requests) we have the two faculty searches (as we decided last year, each search involves two meetings of the search committee with the faculty, one to solicit input and a second to report and explain the committee's decision), the initial stages of Jose's tenure review process, and a discussion of assessment of our undergraduate and graduate programs, plus additional issues that may arise. So I anticipate a larger-than-usual number of departmental meetings.  Please hold the following dates (all Mondays, 12:00 - 1:15 pm, Robinson 250, except Thur. Feb. 24, which is a Monday schedule). Tentative agendas are listed for the first few.

Mon. Jan. 31 - undergraduate awards
Mon. Feb. 14 - CMP search discussion
Thur. Feb. 24 (Monday schedule) - CMP search committee report
Mon. Feb. 28
Mon. Mar. 7
Mon. Mar. 14
Mon. Mar. 28
Mon. Apr. 11
Mon. Apr. 25
Mon. May 2

I am no fan of unnecessary meetings and will gladly cancel any that turn out not to be needed, but for now please assume that we will meet on all of those dates. I hope that will be enough.

All the best,

Roger

begin:vcard
fn:Roger G. Tobin
n:Tobin;Roger G.
org:Tufts University;Dept. of Physics and Astronomy
adr;dom:;;4 Colby St.;Medford;MA;02155
email;internet:roger tobin tufts edu
title:Professor and Department Chair
tel;work:617-627-5461